PCA VISION 2018 Contest Terms & Conditions:
PCA VISION 2018 and the Professional Clothing Awards are organised and run by Marston Consulting Ltd, which trades as director-e at South House 3A Suite 4, Bond Estate, Bond Avenue, Bletchley, Milton Keynes, MK1 1SW. (Company Reg No 3326364)
1. All entries for the PCA VISION 2018 student design contest (part of The Professional Clothing Awards 2018) must be submitted with the official PCA VISION 2018 entry form. Incomplete entries will be rejected.
2. By submitting an entry, the entrant confirms that they have the right to enter and have obtained all and any consents, permissions and authorisations that may be necessary in order for them to enter.
3. Warranties: By submitting a design for PCA VISION 2018 the participant warrants and represents that their design is original and does not violate or misappropriate any third-party trade secret, know-how, copyright, patent or other intellectual property right. Participants also warrant and represent that there are no obligations of any nature, legal or otherwise, which would prohibit, restrict, or interfere with their participation in the PCA VISION 2018 student design contest or the Professional Clothing Awards 2018 or the submission of their design, and agree to obtain any necessary clearances, authorisations and/or approvals prior to participation.
4. Receipt of entry will not be acknowledged unless the entrant makes provision for this.
5. The organisers of the PCA VISION 2018 and the Professional Clothing Awards will not accept liability for late or lost entries, or illegible or fraudulent entries, and have the right to refuse entries, which do not comply with the awards rules.
6. The judging panel’s decision will be based solely on the information as submitted and presented.
7. The awards presented are at the judging panel’s discretion. If entries do not meet the standard required as outlined in the PCA VISION 2018 awards criteria the contest organisers reserve the right to allow the judging panel to not select a winner.
8. Winners of each award in PCA VISION 2018 will be awarded cash prizes as follows: PCA VISION Student Design Award 2018 – Overall contest winner £1000; CORDURA® Durable Design Award winner £1000; YKK Award winner £1000. The University which offers the best 3 designs will be the winner of the Gerber Technology - Best Design Award (University) and will receive a cash prize of £500. All winners will be announced at the Professional Clothing Awards 2018 evening event scheduled to take place on Wednesday 20th June 2018. Event details may change.
9. The judging panel’s decision in respect of winners is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of any such decision.
10. Winners may be required to participate in related publicity. Professional Clothing Show and Awards 2018 reserve the right to use the entrant’s name, likeness, image, voice, and/or biographical information in any publicity, statement, advertising, trade or other promotional activity made in connection with the PCA VISION contest and the Professional Clothing Awards.
11. An Award does not imply any warranty that the Professional Clothing Awards and its organisers in any way endorse a design, product, component, process or service or that it is safe or performs technically or otherwise in a satisfactory fashion.
12. Intellectual Property: No licenses under any technology, trade secrets, know-how, or any copyrights, patents, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of Marston Consulting Ltd – The Professional Clothing Show and Awards, its affiliates or any third party are granted to the participants of the PCA VISION 2018 and the Professional Clothing Awards 2018 under this contest.
13. All submissions are at the entrant’s own risk and should be insured accordingly. Entrants should make their own provision for the return of any samples or supporting evidence. The organisers are in no way responsible for returning any samples or supporting evidence.
14. License: By submitting your design work for PCA VISION 2018 student design contest, you grant Marston Consulting Ltd – The Professional Clothing Show and Awards, a worldwide, royalty free, transferrable license to publish, present, feature, display or use your design in any marketing materials or activity as it sees fit, including any tradeshows. This license (i) includes the rights to reproduce, adapt and represent (in private or in public), in whole or in part and without limitation in terms of number, the design, by any means currently known or unknown (notably via online or offline communications), and any media, physical or virtual, fixed or mobile currently known or unknown, on any platform currently known or unknown, and (ii) is granted, for free and on a non-exclusive basis, for the whole world and for the duration of the legal protection of the rights relating to the design.
15. The details of the PCA VISION contest and the Professional Clothing Awards 2018 are correct at the time of publication but the organisers may make amendments at any time and are not obliged to inform entrants of any subsequent changes other than what is published generally.
16. The judging panel and organisers of PCA VISION 2018 and the Professional Clothing Awards will treat all information, supporting evidence and samples submitted in the strictest confidence.
17. Data protection: Contest entrant’s personal information will be collected and used for the purposes of administering PCA VISION 2018 and the Professional Clothing Awards 2018 and awarding the prizes. Entrants have the right to access and correct the information held about them. This right can be exercised by contacting Marston Consulting Ltd – The Professional Clothing Show and Awards, via www.director-e.com. Entrants may also, for legitimate reasons, oppose the processing of their personal data.
18. The Professional Clothing Awards and event organiser do not accept liability for loss to entrants of any sort as a result of entry and submission.
19. Employees and relatives of the employees of Marston Consulting Ltd – The Professional Clothing Show and Awards, will not be eligible to enter the PCA VISION 2018 contest or the Professional Clothing Awards.
20. Relatives of the Panel, and employees of the companies and institutions to which the Panel judges are professionally associated, will not be eligible to enter the PCA VISION 2018 contest or the Professional Clothing Awards.
21. By submitting an entry you are automatically deemed to have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions in their entirety.
22. English law shall govern Marston Consulting Ltd – PCA VISION 2018 contest, the Professional Clothing Awards, and the terms and conditions listed above.